I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
C. S. Lewis

Friday, August 24, 2012

Fun and crafty things!

We try to stay busy and creative around our house. I like to do all sorts of fun crafty/artsy things with our little girl. Lately, she's been really good at playing by herself or at the table while I'm cooking/cleaning, etc. She likes to read, color, play with her stickers, play with play dough, and finger paint. Of course the play dough and finger paint is something we do together and she loves to make her art. :) Here is her latest piece.

I'm excited that she likes to paint. We used some paint brushes and other tools with this piece as well. I can't wait when we can paint side by side with our easels.

I also tried out a craft that I've been meaning to test lately with coffee beans. I think might make nice gifts in the future with some jazzing up with fabric and ribbon or string of some sort. Just put your favorite whole coffee beans about half to 3/4 full in a half pint mason jar  and place a tea candle (make sure it is a tea candle and it has the metal case around it) nestled in the coffee beans. When the candle is lit the coffee beans are warmed and a pleasant aroma wafts throughout a room. Make sure they are in an open area.

 I'm looking forward to more crafting soon! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment