I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
C. S. Lewis

Monday, June 5, 2017

Seasons come and seasons go....

I've always heard that life is made up of seasons. I was only vaguely aware of this through head knowledge as a child and young adult. Now that I am older I can visibly take a look back and reflect of the here and now and see these seasons in full swing and following the natural order of things and changing.

Sometimes there are seasons of growth and new life, Spring, full of new and exciting things: the birth of children, new jobs, new opportunities, confirmation and peace on God's calling for your life.

Sometimes there are Summer-like seasons where things seem to be constantly moving and thriving and trucking right along.

Fall comes and we see that sometimes life has to change: friends drift apart, a loved one dies, doors close, and things get just complicated.

Winter comes and we seem to feel the weight of the world on our shoulders. Our sense of clarity seems so far out of reach. The sadness and loss of what could have been seems to permeate our inner most beings.

But alas, dear ones, what is it I see, but Spring again and a new fresh start. There will be life again and you will again ride life's ebb and flows like a bucking bronco. Hang on tight, it's a wild ride. I'm so grateful to be on it with some wonderful people and my awesome God.

I was feeling mad and depressed tonight. but I'm trying to see things in a positive light. Good night all.


No comments:

Post a Comment